If you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, Rotorua is a place for some of the most exhilarating activities in New Zealand. This blog post will tell you about Rotorua city and list some of the best adventurous activities to do in Rotorua.
About Rotorua City
Rotorua is a city located on the North Island of New Zealand. The Maori people originally settled in Rotorua. It’s known for geothermal activity, as there are many hot springs and bubbling mud pools around the area. The city also has a strong Maori culture, which you can learn at one cultural centre.
Activities to Do in Rotorua
There are many activities to do in Rotorua, no matter your interests. Here are just a few ideas:
- A ride on the Skyline Gondola: A ride on the Skyline Gondola is one of the best ways to take in the stunning views of Rotorua. The gondola ride takes you up to the top of Mt Ngongotaha, where you can enjoy panoramic views of Lake Rotorua and the surrounding area. Plenty of activities are available at the top of the gondola, such as luge rides, ziplining, and mountain biking.
- Visit the geothermal Wonderland: Rotorua is known for its geothermal activity, and there’s no better place to experience it than at the Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. This park is home to bubbling mud pools, steaming hot springs, and colourful crater lakes.
- Visit secret caves home to a galaxy of glowworms: The Waitomo Glowworm Caves are one of New Zealand’s most popular tourist attractions. The caves are home to a galaxy of glowworms, a type of bioluminescent insect. You can take a boat ride through the caves to see the glowworms up close.
- Take a zipline tour through the forest: One of the most popular things in this city is ziplining. There are several zipline tours available, but one of the most popular is the Canopy Tour. This tour takes you through the native forest and gives you stunning views of the area. You’ll zip past waterfalls and rivers and get up close and personal with some native wildlife.
- Take a dip in the natural hot pools: One of the best ways to relax in Rotorua is to take a dip in one of the many hot springs. There’s nothing like taking a dip in one of Rotorua’s hot springs. The geothermal activity underneath the ground heats the hot springs; they’re a great way to relax and unwind. There are several different hot springs, each with unique features. One of the most popular hot pools is the Polynesian Spa, located in the heart of Rotorua. The Polynesian Spa is home to several pools with temperature and mineral content. Another popular hot spring is the Hell’s Gate Geothermal Park. Hell’s Gate is also known for its unique sulphur-scented air.
- Visit some delicious cuisine: Visiting some delicious cuisine is one of the best things to visit. The city is home to several different restaurants, cafes, and bars. No matter your budget, you’ll be able to find something to eat in Rotorua. Plenty of cheap eats are available, as well as more upscale restaurants. If you’re wondering about something to do in the evening, Rotorua also has several bars and clubs that you can visit.
- Visit the world’s highest rafted waterfall: One of Rotorua’s most popular tasks is the rafting waterfall. The Kaituna River is one of the most popular rafting rivers in Rotorua, and it’s home to the world’s highest rafted waterfall. The Tutea Falls are located on the Kaituna River and are a whopping seven meters high.
- Take a walk through the Redwoods: One of the best ways to experience the natural beauty of Rotorua is to take a walk through the Redwoods. The Redwoods is a forest of tall redwood trees located just outside the city. The best time to visit the Redwoods is in autumn when the leaves of the trees turn a beautiful red colour.
There are many activities in Rotorua for the adventurous type. With so many activities on offer, you’re sure to find something that appeals to you. So, whether you’re for a thrill or enjoy the outdoors, Rotorua has something for everyone.